ROASTED, CRISP SHITAKES
(aka Shitake “Bacon” by chef Elliot Prag at The Natural Gourmet Institute)
• 1⁄2 pound shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
• 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. In a bowl combine the mushrooms, oil, and salt.
3. Spread mushrooms on a parchment-lined baking sheet and place in oven.
4. Roast mushrooms until dry and crisp, stirring about every 10 minutes, approximately 45 minutes to one hour. (Oven temperatures may vary.)
© 2015 by Karen Calandra. All rights reserved.
The content on this website is for informational purposes only. The information and any recommendations on this website are not intended to replace the advice of your qualified health care provider. Karen Calandra recognizes that no one person is the same, Your health care provider should always be consulted before beginning any new exercise, supplementation, nutritional guidance or health plan. Karen Calandra assumes no responsibility for any adverse effects arising from the suggest use or application of the information contained herein.