- 1 bunch kale, rinse and thoroughly dry, remove center stem and discard
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar, or vinegar of choice
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Cut or tear kale leaves and into 1 1/2" to 2" inch pieces. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except kale. Add kale pieces and toss to coat both sides. It's easier to use your hands rather than a spoon.
- Lay kale pieces individually on a large cookie sheet, turn the leaves over after 10 minutes. Bake until pieces are crispy, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove chips, spread on a paper towel and cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.